Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Beer Brined Pork Chops

This is a wonderful pork chop recipe that's great for tailgating, or fall outdoor grilling!

Pork Chop Recipe From Lobster Gram
Ingredients

  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups dark lager beer
  • 1/4 cup coarse salt
  • 3 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
  • 1 cup ice cubes
  • 6 1- to 1 1/4-inch-thick center-cut bone-in pork chops
  • 7 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 3 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
Recipe Directions:
Combine 2 cups water, beer, 1/4 cup coarse salt, sugar, and molasses in large bowl. Stir until salt and sugar dissolve. Stir in ice. Place pork chops in large resealable plastic bag. Pour beer brine over pork chops; seal bag. Refrigerate 4 hours, turning bag occasionally. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Remove pork chops from beer brine; pat dry. Mix garlic, pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, and sage in small bowl. Rub garlic mixture over both sides of pork chops. Grill pork chops until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of chops registers 145°F to 150°F, about 10 minutes per side, occasionally moving chops to cooler part of rack if burning. Transfer chops to platter; cover with foil, and let stand 5 minutes. Serve.
Source:Beer Brined Pork Chops

4 comments:

Laurie said...

This looks wonderful and sounds great too! I have seen two recipes today utilizing beer in a brand new way! :) I am bookmarking this recipe.. I definitely want to try this. I had planned on stuffed pork chops tonight.. always looking for new recipes for The Other White Meat! :)
Ciao!

Jeff said...

I love brinng meat and never tried it before with beer. Definitely going to have to give this a shot.

The Hungry Mouse said...

Wow, Nicki! These look great! I'm with Jeff. I'm a huge fan of brining, but have never done it with beer. Definitely going to give it a shot. Thanks!

+Jessie
a.k.a. The Hungry Mouse

FOODalogue said...

this is new to me...I've only heard of brining turkeys but it's so much easier to start small. I made pork chops tonight and wish I had read this first. Oh, well, next time.