Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Lobster Rolls and Whoopie Pies & What to Make Next

Good Wednesday morning Foodies! It's finally going to be half decent out today here in Chicago. The next few days are going to be even nicer. Tonight, I'm making Classic Lobster Rolls for dinner and I'll be taking lots of pictures and a video on how to make them at home. They are super easy to make especially since the Lobster meat I'm using is already cooked. The other thing that I like about our Lobster meat by the pound is the fact that it is all claw and knuckle meat,and that is my favorite part of a Maine Lobster. The tails are good, but the claws are just so much more tender and flavorful. Getting a big pound of this meat is really tempting the fates...I might just start snacking on it right out of the bag before it even makes it to the recipe! I also got a pack of Whoopie pies to have for dessert after the Lobster rolls. It's the only acceptable dessert you can have after a lobster roll, unless it's a home made blueberry pie. Unfortunately I don't have the spare time to bake a pie from scratch...I didn't even have the time to make the whoopies from scratch either haha. But I'm also not going to try and make a dozen assorted flavors of whoopie pies in one day, so buying these delicious little beauties is the best way to go.
Whoopie Pies... I don't think I could make them look that good if I spent all day and night!

I'm at a loss for what to prepare for the next video, so I decided the best thing to do would be to ask my readers! There is a poll in the nav bar. Speak up and let me know what I should make next! Well, time to buckle down for another day. I'll be thinking of Lobster Rolls and whoopies till then...happy eating Foodies!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You have the most "drool-worthy" blogsite...I won't even be particularly hungry, and I read your lobster-gram recipe page, and well...it's just so OVER after that!

NuKiwi said...

I remember a guy I dated a long time ago (from northern Maine)introduced me to his fav snack - whoopie pies. I remember thinking he was off his tree until I saw what he was talking about. LOL We didn't have them on the West Coast where I was mainly raised.