Monday, April 6, 2009

Andy & Nikki the Foodie Cooking New Zealand Lobster Tails- Part 2

Good Monday morning foodies! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Here is part 2 of 3 with Andy & Nikki the Foodie preparing giant New Zealand Lobster Tails. This video is my personal favorite in the series because one of the Lobster tails was getting ready to molt it's shell, and it had an identical soft shell directly under the hard shell! In all my years of cooking Lobsters and Lobster tails, I have never seen a lobster that close to it's molt. It was really interesting. Also, NuKiwi of A Kiwi Kitchen let me know that in New Zealand where these gorgeous scarlet tails come from, they are actually called Crayfish. Now, being American I always picture Crayfish as these tiny half lobster half shrimp things. Not these...if the tail is 20-24 ounces, that must have been the biggest crayfish known to man! So thanks to Tiff for educating me :)

No comments: