Friday, November 6, 2009

The Perfect Fall Weekend- Apple Stuffed Pork Chops

Good Friday morning friends and foodies. It's a gorgeous fall day here in Chicago, and I am really looking forward to doing some cooking over the weekend.
After doing 3 fantastic seafood recipes during October (National Seafood Month) so I figured it's about time we get back to some great gourmet meats!
Admittedly, I am your typical Chicago carnivore.
The average Chicagoan consumes 7lb more beef per year than the average American residing in any other city, and everyone knows Americans consume the most beef overall. So I guess you could call Chicago the beef consumption capitol of the world. I honestly don't even want to see the figures on our pork consumption :)
On the topic of pork....it is going to be the feature item for my recipe this weekend. I'm going to be making a fall favorite of mine with a NEW Lobster Gram product I have never tried before, our Niman Ranch all natural 10oz bone in pork chops. I have only become aware of Niman Ranch in the last year or so since we started working with them, and I have to say...I'm a HUGE fan. The Spiral Cut Holiday Ham we carry I prepared in the office for the trial...it served 20 people and everyone had rave reviews. It's easy to be an awesome cook when you start with outstanding ingredients like meats from Niman Ranch.
Anyway...back to the recipe. Apple Stuffed Pork Chops.
I have a great apple stuffing recipe that will be stuffed into the pork chops and baked.
My kitchen is going to smell like fantastic pork and apples.
In short, my kitchen is going to smell like fall, and I can't wait! It's making me hungry just thinking about it!
So...I won't share the recipe until Monday when I post the video and other image, but to give you an idea of what I'm starting with, here are some images from the frozen shipment that arrived today.
Happy Eating Foodies!

No comments: