Monday, June 8, 2009

Broiled Maine Lobster Tails Au Gratin

Good afternoon foodies! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend...I know I did! I took some vacation time last week to celebrate my 25th Birthday. It was nice to get some time to relax and get back to a normal pace, but it makes everything seem so much more rushed when I get back to the office. I guess that's the great trade off. Well, before I started my awesome Staycation, I made some Broiled Maine Lobster Tails Au Gratin. This recipe was pretty simple, and absolutely mouth watering. I also show everyone how easy it is to butterfly a Lobster Tail so it looks like the lobster you would order in a nice restaurant. I have some great images on the way as well, so get ready to drool! I need to choose a recipe for this week, and I think I'm leaning towards a good steak recipe. I have been meaning to do one for a while and I think it's time. I'll let you guys know what I come up with on that one.


Ingredients
  • 4 Maie
  • Lobster tails (6-7 oz. each)
  • 2 Tbsp. breadcrumb

  • 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

  • 1 Tbsp. fresh minced parsley

  • 1 dash paprika

  • 1 Tbsp. butter, melted

  • 2 Tbsp. dry white wine

  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice

  • 1 clove garlic, crushed


Directions
First, you need to prep your tails. With kitchen scissors, cut lengthwise through the top of the lobster shell (the round, hard side of the shell). Note: When cutting the shell, you will also be cutting through the lobster meat which is okay - this butterflies the meat for you and makes a very nice presentation. If you wish to remove the digestive tract (the dark line that runs along the length of the tail), this is a good time to do that as well. Then pry open the shell using your fingers. Starting at the wide end, carefully loosen meat from bottom of shell, keeping meat attached at the small tail end. Lift meat through the cut shell opening and place on top of shell. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and paprika in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter. Set aside.Combine wine, lemon juice and garlic, and stir well. Brush lobster with half of wine mixture. Broil 5" from heat for 9 minutes, or until lobster meat turns opaque. Watch closely to avoid overcooking. Baste after the first 5 minutes with the rest of the wine mixture. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over tails at the end of 9 minutes, then broil an additional 30 seconds or until golden brown.

No comments: