Also, I found this great roasted peaches recipe by Yavos I really wanted to try it last night, but I was running around for most of the evening and barely had time to enjoy dinner. So it's gonna be poached shrimp and roasted cling peaches tonight. I wish I could go home now and start cooking!
- 12 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 celery stalk, halved
- 1 carrot, halved
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine first 7 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes. Drain shrimp and place in a shallow dish. Combine lemon rind and remaining ingredients. Add to warm shrimp mixture; toss well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Source:Poached Shrimp Recipe