Monday, December 14, 2009

Jamaican Jerk Shrimp

Good Monday morning Foodies! I hope everyone had an outstanding weekend!
Mine was super busy, but very productive! Sunday afternoon I spent in my kitchen.
It was a cold, rainy gray day here in Chicago, so I decided it would be a perfect day to make something spicy that reminds me of summer. So, I made Jamaican Jerk Shrimp and they turned out fantastic! Of course I would have liked to prepare them on an out door grill, but in Chicago in December...it ain't happening!
So, here is the recipe for pan seared Jamaican Jerk Spiced Shrimp!


Ingredients
1 tbs sugar
1 tbs paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground thyme
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1 1/2 lb large cooked shrimp
2 tbs olive oil

Directions

Pat shrimp dry and place in Tupperware container and cover with 2 tbs olive oil. Cover and toss to coat. Open container and add all spices. Cover and toss to coat again.
Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and cook shrimp for 5-7 minutes until heated.
Serve immediately.

No comments: