Monday, November 23, 2009

Veal Chops with Pears and Rosemary

Good Monday afternoon foodies! I hope everyone had an outstanding weekend. I know that I did!
Over the weekend I prepared my veal chops with pears and rosemary.
This was a new recipe I had never tried before, and it was out of this world!
The fresh pears and rosemary really brought out the freshness of the veal chops. They were tender and juicy and I was very sad when the meal was over. So, as promised, here is the video and the recipe to go along with it! If you get the chance to prepare veal, I highly recommend this recipe!


Ingredients

2 12 oz Bone in Veal Chops
1 tablespoon butter
3 green onions, whites only
½ cup fresh orange juice 125ml
1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced ¼ inch thick
1½ teaspoons fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon dried rosemary 2.5ml
¼ teaspoon grated orange peel 1ml
Orange slices, rosemary sprigs

Directions
Cook Veal Chops in butter in 12 inch (30cm) non stick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and continue cooking 10 minutes. Transfer chops to platter; keep warm.
Cook white parts of onion in same skillet over medium heat until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in orange juice, pears and rosemary. Simmer until sauce thickens and pears are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Gently stir in orange peel and remaining onions. Spoon sauce over veal. Garnish with orange slices and rosemary sprigs.

No comments: