Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tangy Balsamic BBQ Sauce

Good Tuesday evening foodies! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend out there. I had a good weekend that ended badly with an overdose of sunshine and subsequent sun poisoning.
But, I am back today and dieing to share the recipe I made pre-sun illness.
This is another fantastic recipe made by our talented Creative Director, Nancy.
Funny thing is when I told her I made this over the weekend, she told me she had made it last weekend and had a little to add to it...great timing there!
So here is the recipe, and I'll note Nancy's addition to the ingredients. I have not tried the updated version but I fully trust Nancy's taste buds so here it is!
I'll totally be using this one again for the Fourth of July! Happy eating foodies!

Ingredients
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. country-style Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp hot sauce

Directions
Add all ingredients in a small saucepan, and stir until combined. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by 1/2, about 20 - 25 minutes, and the texture is thick and smooth. Sauce can be made a day ahead and refrigerated overnight, this allows the flavors to really blend and become even richer.

No comments: