Monday, February 16, 2009

Veal Chops with Creole Mustard Crust

Good Monday foodies! I usually don't have a lot of energy on Mondays, but today is different. I hope everyone had an outstanding Valentine's Day ;)
Tonight I'm going to be preparing some veal chops Creole style. I'm also toying with the idea of making my very first King Cake soon. I have been doing some research on it, and I'm pretty confidant I won't completely mess it up! Or, it will look like crap and still taste amazing...either way it works for me. I just like eating. The pot of Jambalaya I made on Friday was AWESOME! I doubled the recipe I posted because I had quite a few friends coming over. A good time was definitely had by all. I should do that again sometime soon.

Creole Veal Chop Recipe From Lobster Gram
Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup Creole mustard
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 green onions, chopped, divided
  • 2 8-ounce veal chops
  • Ground allspice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs made from crust-less French bread
Recipe Directions
Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450°F. Mix together mustard, mayonnaise, and 1/2 of green onions in small bowl. Sprinkle chops on both sides with salt, pepper, and allspice. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add veal; saute until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer veal to small rimmed baking sheet. Add garlic to drippings in skillet; stir 15 seconds. Add breadcrumbs; saute until golden and crisp, about 1 minute. Spread half of mustard mixture thickly atop each chop. Spoon crumbs atop mustard mixture. Bake until thermometer inserted horizontally into chops registers 135°F for medium-rare, about 7 minutes. Transfer to plates. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Source:Creole Style Veal Chops

1 comment:

Regina said...

Looks like a nice way to get out of the Monday blahs to me! What is nice is you can sub out a nice pork chop and it work just as nice, well almost as nice after all it is VEAL!