- 4 cups fine fresh bread crumbs (from 10 slices firm white sandwich bread)
- 3/4 oz finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (2/3 cup)
- Rounded 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (3/4- to 1-inch-thick) bone-in center-cut pork chops (4 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup olive oil
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Spread bread crumbs in a shallow baking pan and toast in oven, stirring once or twice, until dry but not golden, 7 to 10 minutes. Cool bread crumbs completely, then stir together with cheese, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or a 9-inch pie plate. Lightly season chops with additional salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Put oil in another shallow bowl or 9-inch pie plate. Dip each chop in oil, letting excess drip off, then dredge both sides of chop in bread-crumb mixture, pressing gently to help crumbs adhere, and transfer to baking sheet. Prepare grill for cooking over medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas). Grill chops on well-oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over once or twice, until pork is cooked through and crumbs are golden brown, about 10 minutes total. .
Source:Grilled and Breaded Center Cut Pork Chop Recipe