Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chilled Maine Lobster Tails with Mimosa Dressing

Mimosas have been a part of my families Christmas Morning celebrations for as long as I can remember. When I found this recipe, I knew exactly what I was going to make on the first Christmas morning I celebrated living on my own. The result was the beginning of a new tradition that was all my own.

Ingredients

  • 4 Maine lobster tails, thawed
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • salt and pepper
  • greens, such as romaine lettuce, spring mix, etc.
  • 4 radishes, sliced
    Mimosa Dressing:

  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
  • 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions
Split each tail lengthwise and rinse with cold water. Place, meat side up, on a foil-lined baking pan. Lightly brush each tail with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Broil about 4 inches from heat for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until tails curl. Remove from the oven and let cool. Cover and chill for an hour or two.
Mimosa Dressing: Combine honey, orange juice concentrate, and champagne vinegar in a medium saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until slightly reduced. Add salt and pepper to taste. Arrange lobster tails on a plate with a few greens, sliced radish, or other salad vegetables. Drizzle a little of the Mimosa Dressing near the lobster.
Source:Chilled

No comments: