Thursday, February 12, 2009

Creole Crab Burgers

Going through my Creole/Cajun recipes made me really want a Creole Crab Burger. This recipe is one of the best I have found. The recipe I adapted to create this one called for Tartar sauce as the accompaniment, but I can't stand Tartar sauce. I make my own remoulade and I like using that. I'll post that recipe a little later today. I'm also going to hunt down a recipe for Bananas Foster and give that a shot. Anyone happen to have a good recipe for Bananas Foster? I would love to hear from you!

Creole Crab Burger Recipe From Lobster Gram
Ingredients

  • 1 pound fresh Jonah crab meat
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 3/4 cups fine dry bread crumbs, divided
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split and toasted
  • Accompaniments: Remoulade & iceberg lettuce
Recipe Directions
Stir together crab meat, mayonnaise, scallions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a bowl until just combined. Form into 4 (1-inch-thick) patties (3 1/2 inches in diameter; patties will be soft but will firm up when fried). Spread remaining cup bread crumbs on a plate, then dredge patties in crumbs, knocking off excess, and transfer to a platter. Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, then fry patties, turning over once, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Assemble burgers with buns and accompaniments.
Source:Creole Crab Burger Recipe

No comments: